Monday, August 1, 2011

The Half Way Mark

August 1st.  I'm officially half way there. If I had any doubts in the beginning that I could accomplish this challenge, they are long gone by now.  The only downside so far?  My bank account doesn't seem to be reaping the benefits of my sacrifice.  I don't know what I was expecting to happen; that my account balance would magically be twice or three times even what it normally is?  It looks no different than usual which bums me out a little bit because I certainly don't want to feel like this was all for nothing.  I would imagine it's because all those expenses I mentioned at the start of my blog, well that's definitely started to kick in.  So I guess I should be grateful that my balance looks no different than the norm.

I still haven't given in to temptation.  And yes, there have been many tempting opportunities.  I mostly just stay away from my favorite shopping spots.  Athough, I have frequented one of my favorite shopping websites, giltgroupe.com, every now and then...just to see what I'm missing out on.  And to see if there's anything worth spending my gilt credit on.  It's not a huge amount so anytime I think I've found something on there I just have to have, it ends up being $10 or $20 more than what I have to spend.  So...the rationing continues.  And so does the procrastination by the way.  I'm amazed that I've kept up with this blog as much as I have.  The true test will be come September when I leave for my vacation in Portugal.  There's nothing I love more than shopping for new clothes before a summer trip.  And what's going to kill me the most is that the weeks leading up to my departure date is the time of the season when all the fab summer clothes and shoes are on sale.  My only saving grace is that I splurged a little bit on new stuff this past spring when I went to the Dominican Republic for my friend's wedding.  Had it not been for that trip, I would definitely have cracked sometime around the end of August.

No comments:

Post a Comment