Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Enjoying the Fruits of My Challenge

One of the reasons, among many, I wanted to do this wardrobe challenge was because of some travelling and weekend getaways I'll be doing and have done this year. This past weekend getaway was gloriously spent wine tasting, vineyard touring, mud bathing, drinking, dancing and DJ-ing. Not professionally though...I was just the one who brought her iPod and provided the mood/dance music in our hotel room and car rides during our winery hopping. I also unintentionally ended up acting as a travelling drugstore for the fabulous girls I was hangin' with in the Napa Valley. I may have a bit of a shopping addiction and can procrastinate like nobody's business...but if someone needs a bandaid, nail clippers, perfume, tide pen, etc., etc., then I'm your gal. I also just about blew one of my cousin's minds when I showed her how to hide her bra straps from showing by loosening the straps and safety pinning them together racerback style.  Who knew I could be such a wealth of information?  Hey, maybe I can't change a tire but give me a couple of safety pins and some uncooperative bra straps and I can transform an outfit!

I'm still doing well with the no shopping thing by the way. I haven't had as many moments of frustration as I was anticipating.  Maybe that's because I've been forcing myself to wear clothes that haven't been touched in years....so it almost feels like I'm wearing new stuff. Since I've started my challenge in June, I think I've worn at least 3 dresses that I haven't worn or thought twice about in probably 3 years.  Lucky for me...fashion trends are constantly repeating themselves so fear not, I'm not leaving my house in horribly outdated attire. And since some of this stuff was only worn a handful of times, it all looks as good as new.  Still no progress on the clothing swap idea...or the jeans I was going to turn into cut offs about 5 weeks ago.  Did I mention I was a procrastinator?

No comments:

Post a Comment