Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I Went Shopping Yesterday...

...in my garage.  Let me explain.  I have a collection of about about 28 (slight exaggeration) purses stored in my garage.  Why so many purses?  Well, it's partly because I take after my dad a little bit with his I-can't-throw-anything-away syndrome.  And it's also because I seem to get bored with my purses quickly.  And clothes and shoes for that matter...hence the 4 month wardrobe challenge.  So, the 2 purses I've been going back and forth between for last few months were nearing their expiration date and since I can't buy myself a new one until October...I decided to rummage through my existing collection for the first time since way before my challenge began.  Surprisingly, I pulled out 4 purses that got me excited enough to move them up the wardrobe chain to my hall closet from garage storage.  One of them, I realized, I had never even used before (a fabulous royal blue cross body purse given to me by a friend about a year ago). So I've changed up my purse rotation...a small but easy and effective way to propel myself through the remaining weeks of this neverending challenge. 

I've also been thinking a lot about what my first purchase should be when this challenge is over.  Surprisingly, I haven't really given this that much thought until recently.  I guess it's because I've just been so preoccupied with trying to 'reinvent' my outfits for the last few months.  But now that this thought has entered my head, it's what my focus has shifted to.  The excitement (well, kinda) of trying to put together outfits every day with the same old tired stuff I've been looking at for what seems like a lifetime now, is slowly wearing off. Ok, more like quickly.  It's a good thing I'll be spending 2 of the last 4 weeks of my challenge on vacation in Portugal...where (hopefully) I'll be so wrapped up with other things that I won't even notice I hate each and every single article of clothing I currently own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment