Thursday, August 4, 2011

I went to a Catholic High School which required me to wear an ugly ass uniform every single day of the week with the exception of a few days a year when students were allowed to 'dress down.'  Those dress down days are when I would bust out my Club Monaco sweaters and gazelle running shoes and later on in my high school years, anything I bought at Stitches or Le Chateau...2 of the stores (in Canada) that everyone who was cool but didn't have a lot of money to spend shopped at.  I remember very vividly thinking how 'hurting' (that was our slang back then) it was to have to wear a uniform every day, and let me assure you it was nothing pretty considering our school colors were gray and maroon...gross.  But now that I'm in this self made predicament of a restricted wardrobe, which is growing more and more boring with each passing day by the way, I am beginning to long for those carefree (well, not really) high school days when I didn't have to worry about what to wear every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment