Saturday, August 20, 2011

I Almost Cracked

I had a girlfriend visiting from Canada recently and upon her request while here, I took her to Kohls...which can't be found in Canada.  I've been to Kohls (one of my favorite stores) a few times during my wardrobe challenge but always steered clear of the departments that normally drain my bank account; shoes clothes and accessories...the very things I've banned myself from indulging in during this 4 month challenge.  But shopping with my girlfriend there put me directly into the lion's den as I found myself roaming through racks of clothes I've been avoiding for the last 2 and a half months.  I'm proud to say that I did pretty well despite the fact that I almost cracked and got myself the cutest LC by Lauren Conrad blush pink polka dot top that was just screaming to come home with me.  I didn't think of this at the time but maybe I should have asked them if they would hold it for me until October 1st, which is the day my challenge is officially over.  Oh yes, I would have risked getting looked at as if I were a crazy person if it meant getting this top. 

Ahhh, but every cloud has a silver lining and mine for the day was when my friend surprised me by buying me a beautiful antique looking silver bracelet.  She was very sneaky about it...showing it to me while browsing through the accessories and asking me to try it on, which I did of course, and like an idiot, raved about how pretty it was. Next thing I know, we're driving away from the store and she presents me with the bracelet and says it's mine. After I scolded her for being sneaky and told her I was going to return it...she scolded me right back and says I didn't break the rules since I'm not the one who bought it.  I quickly realized I had better shut my mouth and be thankful I have something new to wear...and for my wonderful friend who took pity on me and my foolish idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment