Wednesday, June 1, 2011

One day almost down, too many more to go....

Alright, day one of my mission is proving to be a challenge already. I got off work a little early today and my first impulse was to drive myself to the nearest mall (preferably an outlet mall because I love deals!) or the nearest Kohls...but I resisted and drove myself straight home.  I'm really not that bad and do have a reasonable amount of self control when it comes to buying things for myself.  It's not like I've ever had to go through therapy for this or anything like that. But now that it's something forbidden...I desire it that much more! 

It also doesn't help that I get email alerts on a daily basis from shopping websites that I'm a member of and my favorite retail stores that I foolishy and way too easily give my email address to, reminding me of the fabulous designer sales I'm missing out on. I guess the obvious solution would be to cut off the memberships and block the emails until this mission is over, but I'm not quite ready to do that yet. So I'll just keep putting my self control to the test for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment