Saturday, September 3, 2011

I'm So Excited...And I Just Can't Hide It!

My prayers have been answered.  Well, I didn't actually pray for this but it just seems like the appropriate thing to say to describe how I'm feeling right now.  Yesterday I received a $50 gift certificate to Target.  No big deal, right? Wrong!  Now this means I can shop for myself before my vacation!  Remember people, it's not cheating because it's not my money...it was given to me.  Hey, my game...my rules! 

Target may not be the ideal shopping choice for shoes, clothes and accessories...but when it's your only option, nothing could sound more appealing.  And Target does kick ass for having cute stuff at totally affordable prices.  The only question is....what on earth do I buy???  For weeks now I've been thinking about what my first purchase was going to be when this challenge was finally over.  And now that I have a bit of a head start with that, I'm stumped.  I definitely want to get something I can make good use of while on vacation in Portugal, where it'll still be nice and warm. And lucky for me, this is the time of year where all the summer stuff is on sale, sale sale! 

I think I should combine the $50 gift card with the $26 I still have on the visa gift card that's been hibernating in my wallet...waiting to be used for a "fashion emergency."  The only time I dug it out was earlier in the challenge when my aviator sunglasses broke and I had to replace them.  I've been saving the visa gift card in case another "fashion emergency" arose, but luckily...I've managed to remain emergency-free.  And since I only have 4 weeks left of the challenge, I don't see any reason to hold off on spending this left over gift card money now. 

So, with all that being said....on your mark, get set, SHOP!

No comments:

Post a Comment